A mysterious problem surfaced where an Android app making POST requests to an XML api would receive HTTP 302 redirect responses instead of valid 200 responses. Using a web browser with a mobile user agent (admittedly I didn’t try the exact same Java one) worked just fine.

 

In the end I found that the new Mod Security OWASP module was screwing with my API. I am still not sure which rule I was setting off, but for now have disabled it on the affected API.

 

Thanks to the info found here:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/10252145/how-to-solve-http-1-1-302-found-error-when-trying-to-get-contents-of-a-form-in-p

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.